Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Welcome!

I'm not new to blogging but I am new at divulging all of my information to strangers. I've always held back, in one way or another, but I'm not going to do that with this blog. This is where I'm going to be brutally honest about who I am and what's going on in my life. Please note: my language can get colorful so this blog may not be for everyone.


Where to start......ah, yes. I'm currently 34 years old and I'm married to an incredible man. We met when I was 16 and started dating a year later. As of this past May, we've been together for 17 years (exactly half of my life). We have 2 boys and we've been married for 12 years. I work from home as a social media marketing assistant and I love the flexibility it affords my family.

A few years ago, I developed some serious health issues and I've been slowly working on getting rid of them. However, I'm notorious for being inconsistent, which is why I'm still working on these issues. I'm approximately 100 pounds overweight, which puts me in the obese category. I'm also a smoker (I started that when I was 12). As a result, I have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and, as of late, my red and white blood cell counts are high.

I've gone through a shit load of emotions over the past few months and, for the most part, I'm ready to finally get healthy and stay that way. I'm looking at these issues as opportunities instead of problems and that's helped me cope a great deal. My awesome friends and family have helped with that, too! 

Because of everything I deal with daily, I've become a planner, more specifically, a Filofax addict. I love my Finsbury and wouldn't know how to live without it. 

So, with all that being said, this blog will chronicle my battle with obesity, my road to recovery from nicotine, my Filofax addiction, and much more. And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, feel free to follow me on Instagram

I hope you enjoy this blog, but my writing is not hinged upon it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment